Welcome! You've reached a backup MIRROR of the Librepup GNU/Linux-libre distribution, a libre fork of Puppy Linux.
For the original site go here.
For other Peers mirrors go here.
- Follows the development of Puppy Linux and contributes back to it
- Is mostly compatible with the release it is based on (6.0.2)
- Looks different, to avoid confusion between the two
- Uses Trisquel packages, rather than Ubuntu ones
- Has an upgraded kernel and a newer graphics stack
- Drops many unneeded, legacy packages, to reduce size
- Does not contain non-free software
- Does not recommend non-free software *
- Is easy to rebuild or customize; everything is automated and documented
Who needs Librepup?
- Educators that want their students to become active citizens in a free, cooperating society
- Free software activists that need a portable operating system for demonstrations, lectures or giveaway
- Those who wish to repurpose old computers instead of building piles of useless and toxic e-waste
- Those who look for a lightweight operating system
The latest version of Librepup is 188.8.131.52, released 25th October 2015.
* If it does (hey, we're human after all), it's a bug; please report it!
** Contributions are always welcome.